More about Rhodiola Extract
About the Rhodiola plant
Rhodiola rosea (pink root, arctic root, golden root) is a succulent plant that grows in Iceland, Greenland, Siberia, and China, among other places. The plant was first mentioned by Pedanius Dioscorides (circa 40-90 AD), a Greek physician, pharmacologist and botanist. Siberian tribes used the hardy plants to increase their physical and mental vitality. Anno 2020, rose root is most often used in natural medicine as a standardized dietary supplement.
Rhodiola rosea is a stimulant and adaptogen herbal remedy that has long been used in folk medicine. Adaptogens are herbs and other substances that increase mental and physical resilience during short-term moments of stress. Rhodiola relieves anxiety and supports recovery from depression, restlessness, stress and burnout. Side effects are rarely observed.
** Provisionally allowed health claims (on hold):
- Contributes to normal blood circulation, which is associated with brain activity and reactivity
- Has a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system as it helps against stress and hypertension.
- Contributes to optimal mental and cognitive activity.
- Helps adjust to emotional stress and stimulate the nervous system.
- Has a beneficial effect on fatigue and headaches caused by stress.
- Helps with sleeping problems and improves mood.
Take 1 capsule 1 to 3 times daily with a glass of water. Unless otherwise advised.
Rhodiola extract standardized to 3% Rosavin and 1% Salidroside, Amylum solani (filler), Oleum helianthus annuum (anti-caking agent).
Contains no: gluten, yeast, lactose, artificial colors, or preservatives.
Composition per dosage (1 vega capsule)
Standardized at 3% Rosavin and 1% Salidroside
* Reference intake ** No RI determined
Interactions and side effects
Rhodiola can interact with other medications and cause undesirable side effects. View a list of possible interactions here (this is a Dutch text, please use an online translator for your preferred language). If in doubt, always consult an expert.
Keep out of reach and sight of young children. Store in a dry place and at room temperature (15-25 °C).
A healthy lifestyle is important, as is a varied balanced diet, for which dietary supplements are no substitute.