Mushroom Grow Kit Manual
Growing your own magic mushrooms is a process that doesn't take much effort and gives you a deeper connection with these extraordinary givers of a cosmic experience!
Grow your own mushrooms!
Order your Sirius Stealthbox here and start growing your own psilocybe mushrooms. Stealthbox means that the kit you get from us is in a simple white package without print.
The mushroom grow kit is colonized with mycelium. This mycelium is an underground network from which the mushrooms (fruiting bodies) are formed. You can compare it with, for example, an apple tree: The tree (the mycelium) and the apples (mushrooms, or fruiting bodies). As soon as the conditions are optimal, the mycelium starts to 'bloom' and produces its mushrooms
Make sure your hands and surroundings are clean. Open the box and take the grow kit, plastic bag and paper clip. Open the grow kit and rinse the lid under running water. Keep the lid, you will need it later (for next flushes).
1. Place the grow kit without lid in the plastic bag supplied. Fold the opening of the plastic bag a few times and attach the two supplied paper clips.
2. Choose your grow space. The space should be between 20-28 degrees Celsius constantly. Use a heating mat to regulate the temperature*. Place the grow kit in such a way that it gets daylight (never direct sunlight). Spray the inside of the plastic bag with water every day and also let in some fresh air.
3. As soon as the first pinheads appear (small balls) you can open the grow bag a little so that water can evaporate. This can take up to 3 weeks.
4. About a week after the first pinheads appear you can harvest for the first time. The mushrooms are ready when the fleece under the hat is about to tear. When this happens the mushrooms will lose their spores and this will make the next harvest difficult.
5. Harvest the mushrooms by taking them at the bottom of their stems and pulling them loose with a twist.
6. For the next harvest, take the grow kit out of the plastic bag and pour in clean tap water. Place the lid and let it soak for 12 hours. Pour away the excess water and start the process from step 1.
* Turn on the heating mat and place the sealant on top. Switch off the heating mat after two days. When the first pinheads appear, turn on the mat again. Open the plastic bag a little so that excess water can evaporate.
Note: Start growing as soon as you have received the grow kit (waiting will reduce the yield). If this is not immediately possible, store the kit at a temperature of 10-18 degrees Celsius.
Tips & Tricks for the best results
1 To prevent mushrooms from growing against the sides of the kit, tape duct tape or aluminum foil around the sides of the plastic grow box before you start growing.
2 When the mycelium cake continues to produce around the sides, take it out of the grow box and place it loose, possibly upside down, in the grow bag.
3 Take pictures of the growing process so that we can determine what went wrong, if any problems should occur..
How do I keep my mushrooms?
What do you do with these different 'flushes' of mushrooms? As with the mushrooms from the supermarket, psilocybe mushrooms have a limited shelf life. You can keep them in the fridge for up to a week. There are ways in which you can keep your harvest for a long time.
Note: Drying mushrooms is prohibited in the Netherlands!
1. Place the harvested mushrooms on unbleached kitchen paper, near a warm dry place, for example near a heater. Leave the moisture out of the mushrooms until they are dry and easily broken (they remain 10% of their original weight).
2. Now you can keep them for months in a dark place. To keep them forever, you can put them in a zip bag and freeze them.
Microdosing with magic mushrooms
Since mushrooms can vary in strength, they are less suitable than microdosing with truffles. If you do want to experiment with this, it is advisable to grind the well dried mushrooms into powder. This can be done with a clean coffee grinder. The mix you've now made is more even in active ingredients, so you won't be surprised.
Did you enjoy reading this article and do you like to write yourself? We are always looking for people who share our passion for natural products, who can also translate this into great texts. And we have an interesting reward for this. View all information for writers.