There are some substances that should not be combined with MAOIs. We'll be happy to tell you more about those.
Other MAO inhibitors, such as:
- Most antidepressants (e.g. Prozac);
- Various harmala alkaloids (present in various plants, like Passion flower and Syrian Rue);
- Various tryptamines, like: baeocystin, DMT (dimethyltryptamine) and DMT variants (e.g. 5-MeO-DMT) and alpha-methyltryptamine.
Do not combine MAOIs with the following drugs:
- Narcotics (GHB, Ketamin)
- Amphetamines (Speed, MDMA)
- Amino acids phenylalanine, tryptophan and tyrosine
- Asarone (in Calamus)
- Nutmeg (large doses)
- Ephedrine (Ephedra / Ma Huang and Mormon tea, Sida Cordifolia)
- Dill oil, Parsley oil, Wild fennel oil
- Tyramine containing foods, such as chocolate, bananas, avocados, dried fruits, aged cheese, salami and other aged foods, coffee, yoghurt, beef, chicken liver and alcoholic beverages, particularly wine.
Did you enjoy reading this article and do you like to write yourself? We are always looking for people who share our passion for natural products, who can also translate this into great texts. And we have an interesting reward for this. View all information for writers.